I was wondering if the board could answer some questions from a complete newb about 4D. I'd really like to know more. Pls and thx!
1. What is the difference between BIM and 4D?? Is 4D a subset of BIM, or are they interchangeable terms?? How about BIM 360?
2. I'd like to learn more, but I feel I'm getting lost in all the information. Can -anyone- step into a 4D learning role? Or is there a pre-requisite, like previous PM experience, software familiarity, construction management degree, etc.?
3. What are your top preferred softwares for 4D (say top 3)?
4. Any preferred 3D CAD softwares for the 4D model, or does it really matter?
5. For people who want to learn, any specific recommendations of cheap or free training/lessons (perhaps valuable items I couldn't find in a standard google search)? If you have any free resources available, even better!
6. Calgary question. There is a Synchro Pro training course offered by Bentley coming up soon, but it's a home version and my computer is out of spec. Does anybody know of offices or can offer me some office time to train on their computers there? Anything would be much appreciated.
Thanks for the help!